29.7.11

Savage Beauty--For Purchase

I couldn't be more excited to attend the Savage Beauty exhibit at the Met in just a couple of weeks with one of my dearest friends, India.  Since I've been thinking about Alexander McQueen and getting myself amped about his exhibit for some time now, it seemed appropriate when I received today's email from Saks Fifth Avenue, announcing the newest signature jewelry from the McQueen collection.


Double Wrap Charm Bracelet
by Alexander McQueen, $685
Available at Saks Fifth Avenue
 Sadly, the Alexander McQueen behind the Alexander McQueen brand passed away in early 2010, but his fashion house lives on, thanks to creative director Sarah Burton (whose current claims to fame include Kate Middleton's wedding gown).  The newest jewelry collection is as characteristically McQueen-macabre as ever, which speaks to my fashion sensibilities through and through.  In particular, the Double Wrap Charm Bracelet caught my eye.  Made of chunky brass chain links that wrap twice around the wrist, this bracelet features two oversized charms: a flower and a skull, equipped with Swarovski crystal studded eye sockets. 

With the balance between feminine and morbid tipping towards the latter, you have to be pretty rockstar to rock this style.  Of course, I'm thinking I have what it takes to wear this beautiful bracelet--just perhaps not the spending power to actually purchase it.  Sigh.  I suppose a girl can always dream, and some girls dream in Alexander McQueen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment