21.7.11

Take Your Bling to Work

Golden Renaissance Necklace
by Anton Heunis for Anthropologie,
$149.95 (sale price)

I love statement jewelry as much as the next girl, but in my daily life, I have to be careful just how "loud" a statement I make.  As I've mentioned before, I spend my 9-to-5 in a conservative corporate environment so I've found that smaller statement pieces (mainly rings) or those with a traditional look (think: lots of pearls) are viewed as more acceptable than some of the in-your-face alternatives.  Still, I am a girl who loves bling, and perhaps for this reason I was immediately captivated by the uniquely wearable statement of Anthropologie's Golden Renaissance Necklace.

Created by Anton Heunis, this chunky brass link necklace features glass and agate, along with embedded Swarovski crystals.  The contrasting materials are what stood out to me, for I appreciate the way they work together to create an earthy yet glamorous effect.  While this necklace is bold and unusual, somehow the earthy vibe allows it to make a statement without being too over-the-top.  With my birthday on the not-too-distant horizon, I'm absolutely hoping that the Golden Renaissance finds its way into a pretty wrapped box.  And to be clear, this bling deserves to come to the office.


No comments:

Post a Comment