1.6.09

Hello, Lolly!

Lance: I've got a question for you. No, I've got something to say. I'm going to do something with my life. Yeah, man.

Sean: Good.

Lance: Dude, I got these ideas. I got so many ideas burning through my skull. I don't know, like hats and shirts, hats and shirts--like Stussy. Stussy got started making hats and shirts for surfers in Hawaii. Now he's, like, a millionaire--he parties in Hawaii!!! Couldn't I do something like that?

Sean: Yeah.

Lance: Like a shirt that says "Loser" or, I don't know...like..."Talk to the hand" or something like that--those would sell!

Oh, sweet little Jack Black--who doesn't love him? Especially as Lance Brumder in 2002's Orange County, one of the most underrated comedies of all time (and also filmed during my stint at Occidental College). But I digress...

If you're questioning the purpose of this poignant dialogue, I must confess there seemed no better way to introduce the subject of TEE-SHIRTS. However, I'm partial to tees that are slightly more...sweet and sophisticated, shall we say?

That said, the time has come to officially announce my very own line of tees, lolly.brand!

What is lolly.brand, you ask? Created by your very own blogging royalty (me!), lolly.brand is a place where fashion is sweet. As you already know, I treasure all things fashion: sky-high heels, flowing dresses, fierce jackets, designer jeans, etc. But I'm also a working girl, and when the end of the day rolls around, all I really want to do is change into some comfy lounge-wear (don't we all?), crack open a Diet Coke, and relaxxxx. And so lolly.brand was born--casual chic for the off-duty fashionista. Hello, Lolly!

The lolly.brand premiere tee-shirt features the signature cupcake design in baby pink with aqua frosting and a hot pink cherry, complete with the lolly.brand logo printed in aqua--and all of this on a navy American Apparel tee. Yummm...

This week marks an exciting milestone for lolly.brand, as the countdown is on for the launch of the lolly.brand website, created by the amazingly talented illustration and design pro, Miss Aimee Wang. So stayed tuned for more information on the lolly.brand, coming soon to a fashionably sweet website near you!...


Images from lolly.brand, photographed by Laura Wilson. Dialogue from Orange County (2002), written by Mike White and directed by Jake Kasdan.

1 comment: