20.7.09

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby

Of all my many talents, I am a particular expert when it comes to resale shopping--which I consider treasure hunting for the fashion minded. Of course, timing is everything when it comes to second-hand clothes, shoes, and accessories; it's completely hit-or-miss. But it's safe to say that I am always lucky at Second Time Around, a consignment shop that I fondly consider my personal treasure chest. Where else can you find Chanel flats for $25?--true story. That said, allow me to detail my most recent conquests...

About two weeks ago, in desperate need of a girls' night out, my mother and I sought refuge in dinner and retail therapy, a behavioral pattern that I have happily inherited from her. While waiting for a table, we snuck into STA to take a quick look. Of course, it was a matter of seconds before a gorgeous paisley shift from See by Chloé caught my eye. My mother and I agreed that the dress was absolutely made for me. It seems that now I can join the ranks of Britney and Sienna in a style battle of "Who Wore It [Best]?" I've always thought that brunettes do it better, and this Chloe number is no exception. Am I right?

Oh, Second Time Around, you spin me right round--right into my next apparel adventure, which happened just last week. En route to an evening of mani/pedis, my sister and I couldn't help but stop by my favorite STA location at 99 Charles for a quick inventory of potentially irresistible purchases. I don't mean to brag, but it seems I have an internal radar for this sort of thing! How else can you explain the Reno Gold Mint Dress by Diane von Furstenberg that was just waiting for me?

While some may scoff at the thought of "used" clothing, the budget-conscious fashionistas out there are striking fashion gold. There is a widespread misconception that you can't be a patron of fashion and style unless your dollars are going directly to the source, but in this day and age of department stores, "off price" stores like TJ Maxx, and independent boutiques, it's hard to say exactly where your money is going. In my humble opinion, fashion is fashion--and high fashion at a discount is the cherry on top.

So give your wallet a break and give your wardrobe a punch--and spin yourself right round, baby...and straight to Second Time Around.



Images, in order of appearance: (1) "Frugal," courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/; (2) Britney Spears and Sienna Miller, both wearing See by Chloe, photo from Fashionista (one of my faves!) at http://www.fashionista.com/; (3) Me! wearing See by Chloe; (4) Reno Gold Mint Dress by Diane von Furstenberg, photo from Shop Bop, online at http://www.shopbop.com/; (5) Me! (again) wearing Diane von Furstenberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment