29.7.09

Shopbop is Madewell (Literally)


My obsession with online shopping began in college; I would find myself awake far too late and somehow begin rationalizing a new pair of Seven jeans or lusting after a Burberry handbag. Though my college days are long over, I've kept the flame alive, and my passion for internet shopping remains strong. In fact, if I can't buy it online, sometimes I just can't be troubled. After all, I'm a girl on the go--there are things to do, places to go, people to see, clothes to wear...

This is why, up until today, I've had issues with Madewell; while I love their stuff, not being able to buy online is just plain inconvenient. In the age of the internet super-highway, what kind of a business model is that anyway? Fortunately for me (and perhaps Madewell's revenues?), Madewell has finally joined the www! You can imagine how thrilled I was to receive today's Madewell email, announcing their partnership with Shopbop. Clearly, this Madwell/Shopbop Voltron is a match made in fashion heaven.

Now all of your favorite Madewell styles, from denim to scarves to boots, can be yours with just the simple click of the mouse. For those of you living in Boston like me, this means not having to traipse all the way to the Natick Collection! Hallelujah. You can be sure that I perused Shopbop's Madewell selection immediately. At the top of my wish list--in no particular order-- are the Leather Biker Jacket, the Slim Slouch Jeans, and the Wooly Blazer. Clearly, this humidity has me wishing for fall.

Although my wallet probably preferred that Madewell stay off the virtual map, thanks to Shopbop, the world of fashion just got a little bigger--and to think, it was already made so well.





Images, in order of appearance: (1) Madewell advertisement, from Madewell (www.madewell1937.com); (2) Leather Biker Jacket by Madwell $495, available from Shopbop (www.shopbop.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment