21.8.09

Back to Black

Did you ever own a mood ring? I definitely had one back in my elementary and middle school days, and I loved the moments when the color of my ring actually did match my mood and not, say, my body temperature. These days, my mood ring is long gone, but there is still one fairly accurate way of gauging my temperament: my nail color.

I'm one of those girls who goes to the nail salon for one of two reasons. Either 1) I want and/or need to look effortlessly polished; or 2) I am hanging by a thread and desperately need some R&R. Let's just say yesterday found me in the latter category. Per usual, I sought refuge at Lauren's Nails on Charles Street, going straight for OPI's Black Onyx polish.

While it was my dark mood that motivated my color choice more than anything else, going back to black actually lifted my spirits. I mean, it looks faaabulous! For reasons of practicality, I tend to keep my nails short and square, making them ideal for dark polish. The glossy black looks especially fierce--yet sleek and sophisticated all at the same time. Of course, the chunky turquoise ring that a few of my amazing friends gave me for my birthday only adds to the allure.

So what do your nails say about you? While I don't suggest wearing your heart on your sleeve, I fully encourage wearing your emotions on your nails. You never know what will come of it. And when all else fails, go back to black; I promise you won't regret it!



Image: Mischa Barton in black polish, photo courtesy of Yahoo (www.astrology.yahoo.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment