27.8.09

Dress Me Up

Like most girls you know, I love dresses. According to my mother, I insisted on wearing a dress to school on almost every day in first grade. That should tell you something.

The thing is, I have a hard time finding dresses that work for me. I know you've heard it all before, but it's true!--which is why I was pleasantly surprised to shop Tory Burch's dress collection for fall, where I immediate fell in love with the Gracia Dress.

Gracia, Gracia, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
1.) The classic silhouette is enhanced by a bold floral print in an unexpected combination of colors.
2.) Falling just above the knee, it's long enough to be appropriate on a long legged girl--while maintaining requite levels of sass and sex appeal.
3.) For cute and demure, it can be worn as-is. For a bit of glamour, a chunky belt and a pair of boots up the ante.
4.) It's seasonally ambiguous, taking you for a smooth and utterly fashionable ride from late summer into fall.
5.) A girl has options! If floral isn't your thing, this dress is also available in a funky olive and black pattern.

Clearly, this dress has all the right things going for it--except that it doesn't live in my closet (yet). The price tag is on the higher side, but not outside the realm of possibility--and it's an investment, after all. Looks like it's time to dress me up!

Image: Tory Burch advertisement, featuring the Gracia Dress in red blue floret $395, available online at www.toryburch.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment