3.8.09

Better Than a Venti? This I Have To See

For once in my life, I actually arrived early to an appointment. It's true! This past weekend, I simply had to escape the post-moving chaos of my new house and sought refuge in a spa appointment at Bella Sante. With extra time on my hands and feeling very zen in the spa's serene waiting area, I cozied up with the latest issue of Glamour and prepared for enlightenment.

Skimming the pages, "10 Model Beauty Tricks That Work in Real Life" caught my eye. After all, my life is nothing if not real. Hello, I just spent the weekend packing and moving all my worldly possessions! Tip numero uno: how to look less tired. Were the experts at Glamour spying on me? I considered the dark circles that were undoubtedly lurking beneath my eyes and read on: At the 10 A.M. Tommy Hilfiger show (that’s the crack of dawn, fashion-people time), makeup artist Lisa Butler gave me a look-awake trick that’s better than a Venti. Better than a venti? This I had to see.

According to one Lisa Butler, a dusting of gold eye shadow (applied from lash lines to creases) opens up your eyes, making them at least look like you get a solid night's sleep on the regular. Popping into MAC later in the day, I decided to take this strategy for a test run and purchased Nylon, a pale gold shadow from MAC's frost collection.

The Nylon maiden voyage set sail at 7:30 the next morning, when an unfriendly alarm clock reminded me that my morning commute had just grown a little bit longer. It all paid off, though, when a friendly coworker told me that I looked "radiant" and was "truly blessed." I may not be rocking 8 hours of sleep, but I'll fake it until I make it any day. Better than a venti? That's my secret, and I'll never tell.




Credits: (1) Blake Lively, photo courtest of Beauty Mesh (www.beautymesh.com); (2) excerpts from Glamour's article "10 Model Beauty Tricks That Work in Real Life" by Suze Yalof Schwartz, online at http://www.glamour.com/; (3) Nylon Shadow by MAC $14.50, available online at http://www.maccosmetics.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment