28.8.09

What Would Jackie Do?

The passing of Senator Kennedy has been all over the media this week, and it has me thinking of the Kennedy family. Of course, I wouldn't be much of a fashionista if my focus ended up on anyone else but Jackie! After all, she will always be the ultimate in fashion--at least in my book. Like the song goes, I want to be like Jackie Onassis--so it's only natural that I've been pondering what Jackie would be wearing these days. My bet is on Kate Spade.

Kate Spade's new looks for fall are so undeniably Jackie that I find myself practically salivating to own every last one of them (I wish I was exaggerating). Kate Spade apparel has always "combined utility, simple silhouettes and crisp palettes," and this collection is no exception. From dresses to jackets to cardigans, this collection features clean lines, retro-classic prints, and whimsically modern detailing for an overall effect of timeless elegance.

A few of my favorite statement pieces include the Madeleine Dot Ruffle Placket Dress and the Bisous Stella Chubby. True to the hallmarks of Kate Spade, these looks exude "utility, wit and playful sophistication." I haven't been around the block that long, but I would venture to say that this collection is definitely one of Kate Spade's most impressive to date.

So what would Jackie do? I'd venture to say she'd go shopping! In fact, I'm tempted to do so myself.




Images, in order of appearance: (1) Jacqueline Onassis, photo courtesy of LA City Zine (http://www.la.cityzine.com/); (2) Madeleine Dot Ruffle Placket Dress by Kate Spade $375, available online at http://www.katespade.com/; (3) Bisous Stella Chubby $695, also by Kate Spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment