19.8.09

Knocking Boots

I don't mean to knock boots or anything, but hear me out: why should I have to trade comfort for fashion (or vice versa)?

Like any other weather-conscious fashionista, I have been contemplating fall footwear. After all, fall is practically nipping at our heels, and for this New England girl, boots are a cold weather MUST. The thing is, my most comfortable boots (Uggs) aren't what I would call "fierce," and my most fashion-forward boots (knee high with 4-inch heels) make my feet want to scream (if only they could) by the end of the day and/or night. So what's a girl to do? Suffer in the name of fashion? I will, of course, but only if I have to--and pleeease tell me that I don't have to!

Right about now, you're probably thinking: duh, flat boots! Believe me, I hear you, and as much as I want to comply, my wallet simply doesn't agree. I just can't find a pair for under $500 that I want to take home with me. If money were no object? Well, that's a different story; I would buy Prada's Tall Lug-Sole Boots in a second.

In the affordable category, I am able to find boots that I love. So what's my problem, you wonder? Well, they all have outstandingly sky-high heels. This isn't a bad thing, as I do loooove heels. It's just that high heels and comfort just can't seem to play nice together--and I desperately crave comfort. Don't we all?

I maintain that there must be some middle ground. Are there high-heeled boots that somehow make you feel like you're walking on air? Are there amazing leather riding boots that don't require me to sell my first-born to take ownership? Better yet, is there a fairy godmother specializing in boots that would just hook me up, already?! Someone help!--Pretty please?

To be continued...




Images, in order of appearance: (1) Rihanna, in heel and boot, image from www.celebrityshoesize.com; (2) Tall Lug-Sole Boots by Prada $750, available from Sak's Fifth Avenue (online at http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/).

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried looking at endless.com? I love them. Free shipping and free returns. Plus, they have a HUGE selection. It's no Prada, but you might be able to find something more affordable in the same vein.

    ReplyDelete