28.12.09

Dirty Girl!



I normally dread the day after Christmas, when all of the excitement and anticipation leading up to the holiday suddenly dissipates, leaving me surrounded by gifts--yet sadly empty. I'm happy to report that, thanks to a ridiculously generous gift from my fabulous aunt and her family, this year was different. In fact, the fateful "morning after" smiled down upon my mother, sister, and me as we made our way to Cranwell for a girls' day at the spa. Jealous???

After lunch, wearing white fluffy robes, we settled in at the Image Center for our nail treatments. Expecting to choose from the standard selection of my beloved OPI and Essie polish, I was pleasantly surprised to see the luxurious collection from Butter of London--exclusively. And so, like Mary Poppins, I fell in love with a Chimney Sweep...

According to the Butter's handy online dictionary, chimney sweeps were often depicted in Victorian literature as heartless, abusive scoundrels. Not unlike its namesake, this fabulous colour is a smudgy charcoal with a subtle metallic sheen. It's so dark that it's almost black, and it's borderline dirty in the most irresistible way. Move over, Chanel... Thanks to Butter, I'm a dirty girl!



Image: Chimney Sweep nail colour by Butter of London $14, available online at www.butterlondon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment