16.12.09

Winter Hair Woes: Gone!


In a lot of ways, my hair loves the winter. It requires faaar less work on my part to keep it straight and tame. Though I still have to flat iron, my prep time drops from ten minutes to five. So easy, right? The only problem: static. The cold, dry air results in so much static electricity that you could run a generator from my luscious locks!

Never one to keep my complaints to myself (not exactly my best quality), the lunch hour found me swapping hair-care woes with a few female coworkers. I have to say that I'm glad I did; otherwise, I may never have learned of Frédéric Fekkai's Winter Anti-Static Weightless Mist. One of my co-workers keeps a bottle in her desk drawer to keep her own winter hair woes under control and was generous enough to let me test it out.

So what's the secret of this seemingly magic hair potion? Fekkai uses organic salt to neutralize the static charge and soften the surface of the hair, and a few spritzes is really all you need to get the job done. The mist has a light coconut scent (or so I've been told--my olfactory system is a total failure) that's subtle yet reminiscent of warmer, sunnier days (sigh). Believe me, YOU NEED THIS. Winter hair woes: gone! Just like that.


Special thanks to Deb for sharing her hair-care secret with me!

Image: Winter Anti-Static Weightless Mist by Frederic Fekkai $15, image thanks to FabSugar (www.fabsugar.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment