10.12.09

Holiday Dress Lust

Growing up in my family, the holidays were always the most wonderful time of the year. This was the case for many reasons, but for me, one of the best parts of the Christmas count-down was looking forward to wearing my special Christmas dress. In the month of December, my mom would surprise me with a fabulous, festive dress that would make its debut when we went to church on Christmas Eve. And my mother had the best taste in Christmas dresses: reds, golds, and black in velvet, taffeta, and lace--always extravagant and always lovely.

Momma doesn't buy Christmas dresses for me anymore (Sigh. Being a grown-up is awfully hard work!), but I have tried to maintain her tradition and like to get myself something special to wear during the holiday season. Hence my holiday dress lust; it happens every year. During December, it seems that gorgeous gowns are EVERYWHERE. But a Christmas dress is something special, something extraordinary. Save the little black dress for cocktail parties; a Christmas dress is much, much more.

So what am I lusting after this year? It seems Madame Diane von Furstenberg has done it again! The DvF Cerrado Dress has won my heart. Made of flowing washed chiffon with a fly-away skirt hem, the explosion of color (its official color actually is "color explosion," I kid you not) puts it in a category all its own. You know the expression, like a kid in a candy shop? Well, the technicolor print of this dress sort of makes a fashionista look like she's wearing that same candy shop--and I mean that in the very best way. It is nothing short of extraordinary, and I WANT IT!!!

Hence, the following:
Dear Santa,
I have been a very, very good girl this year.
So please bring me a pretty dress.
You know you love me.
XOXO,
Lolly


Image: Cerrado Dress in color explosion $425 by Diane von Furstenberg (online at www.dvf.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment