2.4.09

April Showers Bring Shoe Flowers


Around this time of year, I often find myself lamenting the gray, rainy days, longing to shed my coat for sunshine and warm weather. Without fail, others will remind me, "April showers bring May flowers!" Fighting the urge to slap the sayers of this classic rhyme, I have to admit they are usually right. But what I want to know is this: why wait for May?

What you might not know is that April showers also bring fabulously fresh floral footwear. While understated florals don't really excite me (I need POW!), these Camellia Espadrilles available from Anthropologie offer all the floral ferocity that I need---and more.

Made by Bettye Muller, "A pink flower of epic proportions all but obscures the natural canvas from which it grows, as a lofty rope wedge keeps it close to the sun's nurturing rays." This is the stuff poetry is made of. It is pretty much imperative that I own these shoes, and I'm almost positive that those budding May flowers will turn green with envy when I prance around town in these hot pink lovelies.



Camellia Espadrilles by Bettye Muller $368, available at Anthropologie: www.anthropologie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment