7.4.09

Singing In the Rain

Rain, rain, go away... Do you know that I had to go all the way to Seattle to get a sunny spring weekend? Is this a cosmic joke, you ask--isn't it supposed to be rainy there? Fortunately for me, it wasn't. Not only that, but I got to spend two bright and shiny days with my fun and fashionable friend, Miss Annie Rose, who knows all the shopping hot spots.

Post Eggs Benedict at Dahlia Lounge (jealous?), we ducked into Nordstrom Rack for a little bit of treasure hunting. After all, isn't a purchase that much better when you have to work for it? My tiny-footed friend went one way, I (just call me Sasquatch--India does) went the other. Amidst the post-apocalyptic isles of size 9 shoe madness, I saw a bit of red patent leather peeking out--beckoning me, come hither... FOUND: one pair of red Tory Burch duck boots.

I credit my darling sister (the other Annie in my life) for the fact that I am now willing to entertain the notion of duck boots (blame those Colby girls and their L.L. Bean addiction). With no duck boots of my own and an affinity for all things bright red and patent, it was an easy choice. These days, there is no stopping the rain in Boston, and so I decided to arm myself against the elements for my return trip--in style (clearly).

My rainy day look is now complete: fabulous trench + paperboy hat + fierce footwear= singing in the rain.




Red patent leather duck boots by Tory Burch, online at www.toryburch.com. Vintage Seattle poster by All Posters, available at www.allposters.com.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the Seattle shoutout! I had so much fun this weekend and can't wait for our next visit. I'll be sure to let you know if I uncover any other treasures at the Fremont Vintage Mall! xo Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that us Colby girls inspired such a fab find. Were you trying to one-up my Bean boots?

    ReplyDelete