21.4.09

F is for Fedora

While shopping this weekend with fellow blogger royalty, Miss Talynhc, we came to the conclusion that women simply do not wear enough hats. Most guys, my husband included, have a serious collection of baseball hats. Sure, lovely ladies will wear a beanie here or there to stay warm in the winter, but hats as fashion statements are completely under-appreciated and lacking from far too many women's wardrobes. To fill the void, I have volunteered myself for a trend-setting experiment, which I plan to put into effect in the months to come. My secret weapon? The fedora.

I initially disregarded this style, shrugging it off to the Britneys and K-Feds of the world. Recently, however, I realized the error of my ways. In my view, the Fedora is the cowboy hat of the classy and fabulous. Not to say that a cowboy hat itself isn't classy and fabulous, but it's surely no coincidence that F is for fabulous--and also for Fedora.

In my online perusing, I have grown partial to Tory Burch's Panama Straw Fedora Hat, but there are a range of options out there. In fact, if you're not sure this style will work for you, you can score one at Target and take it for a test drive drive at only a fraction of the price. To add an extra element of fabulousity, make an outfit out of it--pair your new hat with cropped skinny pants, a classic cardi, and a string of pearls.

As an added bonus, the American Cancer Society recommends wearing a hat to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun in an effort to reduce the risk of skin cancer. Healthy and haute?--yes, please. If F is for Fedora, then G is for go get yours now!




Tory Burch Panama Straw Fedora Hat $75, available online at www.toryburch.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment