23.4.09

Gladiators for Beginners


The gladiator sandal is a not-so-recent trend that I have always been somewhat unsure of. It's the kind of style that looks fabulous on supermodels and stick-legged size 0 celebrities, but as far as translating onto a fabulous everyday girl like myself? Questionable.

The truth is, I do appreciate the gladiator concept. It is wearable yet fierce--a twist that I relish in my footwear--but most of the styles that I've seen just don't do justice to the wearer. To be blunt, they just don't look good. There, I said it. So I have abstained, until now.

This morning, in my online travels, I somehow (and by "somehow," I mean "my search for retro-style on piece bathing suits") found myself on the Juicy Couture website. Like the shoe slave that I am, of course I had to take a peek, and this is how I found the Arabella Espadrille Gladiator.

In my opinion, Juicy got it just right by adding the chunky espadrille wedge to the more traditional gladiator style. True, they too jumped on the gladiator bandwagon, but not so literally--and their restraint is what makes this shoe such a huge success. It's fun, flirty, and feminine while also being pretty fierce. Most importantly, however, the wedge's magical power of lengthening and elongating the legs and figure will make this style work for practically anyone.

If you're anything like me and have been intrigued but cautious of the gladiator look, now is a good time to bite. This espadrille/gladiator fusion embraces the gladiator concept without turning you into a total fashion victim. To quote those endearing advertisements: CHOOSE JUICY.

Arabella Espadrille Gladiator $225 by Juicy Couture, available online at www.juicycouture.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment