16.4.09

Ring(s) in the Spring!

What I'm about to say may very well destroy my credibility as a self-proclaimed fashionista, but if I can't be honest than what kind of a well-rounded fashionista would I really be? The truth is, I had never seen nor heard of a cocktail ring until the summer of 2006. Thankfully, my Seattle born bestie, Miss Annie Rose, is always way ahead of the times, and she saw the cocktail ring trend coming a mile away.

Annie arrived in Boston a week early to help me prep for my wedding, and in addition to slaving over wedding tasks (yes, I owe her my life), we also managed to find some time to get into a little trouble on the shopping front. Fortunately for me, this meant that I was with her when she purchased a fabulous multi-colored gemstone cocktail ring to wear for my big day--and on many other days after the fact. Not only did it match her dress like it was custom made (as you can see in the photo below, where Annie and her fabulous ring are on the left), but it also changed my life--or, at the very least, my fashion sense.


Since that fateful August day, I have accumulated a decent stash of my own cocktail rings
(my favorite thus far being the treasure from Artifaktori that I've raved about in past posts). However, while doing some routine online "window shopping" today, the selection of rings on the Kate Spade site stopped me in my tracks. Hello, lovers!

The Hollywood Boulevard Pearl Cluster Ring and the Lady Marmalade Mushroom Ring are MUST HAVES for spring and summer. While entirely different in appearance, they have two things in common:
1) They both seem to channel tea party chic.
2) They both belong in my possession.

Though I'm typically a silver jewelry sort of girl, these polished gold settings add a timelessness that I just can't resist--especially when paired with a delicate cluster of pearls or a flashy array of rhinestones. No one does it quite like Kate... so, I implore you, add one (or both!) to your "To Buy" list (every girl has one). After all, your fingers need a little attention too! Do your own manicure this week, and then use the savings to splurge. When you feel a little like Daisy Buchanan at your next social event, it will be SO worth it.





Hollywood Boulevard Pearl Cluster Ring $95 and Lady Marmalade Mushroom Ring $145: both from Kate Spade, available online at www.katespade.com. Photo from my wedding, taken by Ross Jacob Photographers; see their online portfolio at www.rossjacob.com.

2 comments:

  1. What a surprise to find myself on your page! I have to say reading your blog has become a highlight of my daily routine. And that ring has stood the test of time- it's still my favorite! =) xo Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis turned me on to your blog...it's awesome. You have earned your title! I have a cocktail ring from BCBG that set off a little blck dress amazingly...so I get what you mean. Trish

    ReplyDelete