8.1.10

The Bronzed and the Beautiful: A Love Affair

For varying reasons, I didn't get any sun this summer. I mean, no sun whatsoever. What this means: now, during the time of year that my sun-kissed summer skin would gradually become paler and paler, my already pale skin is becoming almost translucent. Granted, I do love vampires, but I'm not really trying to look like a member of the Cullen family. Thank goodness for bronzer!

For almost four years now, I've been wedded to my Trish McEvoy bronzer, after my dearest friend, India, introduced me to it shortly before my wedding (to Dallin, not Trish--just to clarify). I originally thought I would live and shimmer happily ever after with Trish, but after four years, the honeymoon is over. In fact, it seems I've grown a bit two faced--all thanks to Too Faced's bronzing power collection and my lovely friend, Annie Rose, who brought the other bronzer into my life...

Appropriately named The Bronze and the Beautiful, this special edition bronzer collection features three of Too Faced's best. Up first is Pink Leopard, a warm bronzer known for its magical skin-perfecting powers that make those cheek bones pop! like whoa. Then there's Sun Bunny, which I lovingly think of as a year-round-instant-bake. In under 60 seconds, you can channel those long lost beach days, minus the damaging effects of a tanning bed. And last but not least is Snow Bunny. My favorite of the three, this subtle bronzer incorporates a hint of silver to makes your eyes look bigger and your skin look brighter with just a few waves of the brush (which is included in the kit--added bonus!).

If you've been known to err on the indecisive side like me (nothing to be ashamed of), this collection is the answer to your cosmetic prayers. Whatever the reason or the season, you get to pick from three equally fabulous bronzers each time. Just beware, your old bronzer is bound to get jealous of your Too Faced love affair. Sorry, Trish! What can I tell you?--the bronzed and the beautiful get me every time.


Images, in order of appearance: (1) The Bronzed and the Beautiful, special edition bronzer trio from Too Faced $35, available at Sephora (www.sephora.com); (2) Me! at the beach on a sunny day looong ago (sigh!).

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the pack?! Snow Bunny is my fave too-- it's esp handy in Seattle now that our weather is stuck at gray and rainy.

    ReplyDelete