20.1.10

In the Shadows


Two weeks ago, my lovely friend Lizzie alerted me to the fact that all my recent posts were centered around the color black. Lover of black I may be, but for the sake of cheerier chicas, I have since been trying to lighten the mood a bit--an effort that includes my nail color, which has been black (or close to it) for months now. Fortunately, my fashionable Seattle friend, Miss Annie Rose, gave me a new color to try out over the holidays, and I can now officially report that I am happy to remain in the shadows.

Yet another must-have nail color by OPI for Sephora, In the Shadows is a dark and mysterious chocolatey brown. With my new black hair, I have to be careful of an inadvertant goth effect, and I'm finding this color is just the right amount of vamp without even a hint of Marilyn Manson. In the name of versatility, I should also mention that this color can be worn in two totally different ways. For the office, this luxe brown is a great contrast to a fresh, squeaky-clean look (think: skinny black pants, a white collared shirt, and hair in a slick ponytail). For more formal affairs, this sultry shade quite literally polishes off a smouldering look (think: little black dress with sky-high heels and minimal jewelry). Bottom line: take a lesson from our vampire friends, and stay in the shadows.



Images, in order of appearance: In the Shadows by OPI for Sephora $9, available online at www.sephora.com; girl with dark brown nail color, photo thanks to Chic Profile (www.chicprofile.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment