14.1.10

Scout's Honor


I've officially had enough of winter. Granted, I've reached my breaking point a little early this year, and though it may still be freezing and will undoubtedly keep snowing, this fashionista is now dreaming of warmer days...and so is my wardrobe. After all, how many layers of cashmere before a girl wear before it gets ridiculous? Okay, maybe you can never have enough cashmere, but just indulge me.

I had the pleasure of having my mother as a house guest earlier this week, and one of our favorite past-times is to go through the J. Crew Catalog together (every family has their traditions!). While perusing the pages, I fell in love with the Destroyed Scout Chino, one of the new arrivals for spring (sigh). Typically, I prefer to do my own destroying. The way I see it, why pay more for something I can do myself with a bottle of bleach and a pair of scissors? However, these destroyed duds are different. Using theirmagical destruction/repair process, the pros at J. Crew garment-dyed and destroyed these pants (for 400 minutes, no less--hello dedication!) before expertly patching and sewing them back together.

The result is an irresistibly aged pair of chinos that are broken-in, without being broken down. Yet another reason why I typically avoid manufactured destruction are the slashes and holes in the upper thigh/butt area. Not only is that look totally immodest, but it's also totally unnecessary. Obviously, that's not the case here. These chinos are as tasteful as the day is long and boast a unique repaired destruction that can't be beat. I can already see myself rocking them with a sun-bleached white tee and my Rainbows. Clearly, there's something to be said for Scout's honor.


Image: Destroyed Scout Chinos in pale surplus $75, from J. Crew (www.jcrew.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment