15.1.10

Down The Rabbit Hole

As you may have already figured out, I have a somewhat obsessive personality. One of my many obsessions is--and always has been--Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland. In fact, when the story was reissued with Ralph Steadman's illustrations a couple of years ago, I thought I had died and gone to Wonderland. So you can only imagine how excited I am for the March 5 release of Tim Burton's adaptation, where (among other fantastic actors and actresses) Johnny Depp will play my beloved Mad Hatter. Fortunately, as March still seems very far away, Urban Decay has pledged to take a few fashionistas down the cosmetic rabbit hole to keep us distracted for a while...


In preparation for the launch of Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, Urban Decay has partnered with Disney to create a limited edition Book of Shadows. True to their motto of beauty with an edge, this eye color palette includes 16 best-selling eyeshadows; a bottle of eyeshadow primer; and two eye pencils. Inspired by Alice's journey through Wonderland, the colors have been fancifully renamed. Choose from the likes of Underland, Curiouser, or Muchness (formerly Flash, Grifter, and X)--just to name a few. The best part? This special palette features a paper pop-up scene of Alice herself.

The White Queen: Can you do addition? What's one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one?

Alice: I don't know. I lost count.

Alice may have had trouble with arithmetic, but I'm confident we can work this out: (One) I am a fashionista, self-proclaimed and fabulous. (And one) I cannot function without eye make-up. Really. If I were on a deserted island, I would demand mascara at the very least. (And one) I love love loooove all things Alice. (And one and one and one and one and one and one and one) Through the caterpillar's hookah smoke, the numbers are clearly there: I need this. Down the rabbit hole I go...

Special thanks for Lauren for spreading the word about the Book of Shadows.

Psst: To see a trailer of Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, in theatres on March 5, 2010, click here.

Quote: from Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Images, in order of appearance: (1) The Cheshire Cat and Alice by Ralph Steadman, from Alice In Wonderland, image thanks to Art.com (http://www.art.com/); (2) Alice In Wonderland Book of Shadows $52 by Urban Decay, available online (www.urbandecay.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment