22.1.10

Love Your Lashes

Sitting in the waiting room at the car dealership, I'm reading the current issue of Elle in a desperate attempt to distract myself from the box of Dunkin' Donuts munchkins on the table in front of me. Thank goodness for fashion magazines and glossy photos of too-skinny models, or else I would definitely be eating the chocolate glazed donut hole that is calling my name! But worry not, I'm getting much more out of Elle than donut deprivation; in fact, I'm absolutely inspired.

As you might recall, last year I raved about Givenchy's (then new) Phenomen'Eyes Mascara. This year, just in time for Valentine's Day, I have discovered there is so much more to love about this fabulous mascara. For you daring fashionistas out there, Phenomen'Eyes has released three limited edition shades: plum, khaki, and purple. As if you needed another reason to love your lashes: hello, color!






I consider myself more of a traditionalist when it comes to mascara, preferring the blackest black (surprised?) above all else. Yet, I love Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes so much that I'm sort of intrigued... In fact, I think traditionalists like me could still make this mascara work by simply adding a layer of color over the standard, classic black. Rather than OMG! That girl is definitely rocking the purple mascara!, the effect would be more along the lines of, What is that lovely purple impression around her lashes?

New year, new rules for this fashionista, I guess. Sometimes, for love, we have to break all the rules. So go ahead, fearless fashionista friends, love your lashes.



Images, in order of appearance: (1) February issue of Elle, featuring Jennifer Lopez; (2) Limited edition shades of Phenomen'Eyes Mascara by Givenchy (plum, khaki, and purple) thanks to Sephora (www.sephora.com); Phenomen'Eyes Mascara by Givenchy $28, available at Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little afraid of that mascara wand. But love the colors!

    ReplyDelete