1.3.09

Adieu to that Dismal Bridal Mule

I am uneasy that bridal "fashion" dictates that I marry my beloved Anne Barge hybrid gown of French lace and Italian silk to the likes of this uninspiring monstrosity:

(Come to think of it, I actually think I have these shoes buried in the back of my closet from my eighth grade semi-formal, albeit dyed a god-awful electric magenta.)

I am in search of a perfect heeled accoutrement to my wedding gown and refuse to adhere to antiquated bridal traditions. So much effort is put into finding the perfect gown that it seems wrong to approach the shoes as a rushed afterthought. Fortunately, chic wedding blogs, Snippet & Ink and Style Me Pretty, regularly feature brides wearing unconventional and brightly colored shoes. Perhaps the traditional, ahem offensive, white bridal shoe is on its way to becoming a ghost of weddings past.

I am inspired by each of these shoes, I actually gasped aloud when I stumbled on the the pink petal Louboutins. Brides, I urge you to find that perfect burst of panache and color, and on your wedding day lift up your gown and relish your sheer sense of style and individuality. Also, the added bonus of wearing your fabulous investment on your first anniversary is too wonderful to pass up.



Top Row: JCrew, JCrew, Valentino, Christian Louboutin. Second Row: JCrew, Lily Pulitzer, Christian Louboutin, Emilio Pucci, Christian Louboutin


Thanks to the lovely Lolly for allowing me to grace her blog with my bridal bulletin.

No comments:

Post a Comment