3.3.09

Wish List: Springtime & the Clothes to Match

First, let me set the record straight: I am a New England girl to the core. That said, will someone pretty please tell me when winter will finally end?! If you happen to live in the Northeast then you were likely pummeled with--yet another--unwelcome snowstorm yesterday. While the snowfall meant leaving the office early and curling up on the couch under a blanket to watch a good movie, it also meant shoveling out the car, arming myself against the elements with my shapeless but warm Northface parka, and clomping around in my trusty Uggs. Oh, goddess of the seasons, send spring via Fed-Ex and grant me some relief!

Knowing that Spring is sadly NOT around the corner (more like around the corner, down the street, and across the interstate), I have no choice but to seek the solace of the merciful runway, where spring trends come early. At the top of my wishlist? None other than the work of sophisticated fashion matriarch, Diane von Furstenberg, patroness of prints, colors, and flattering yet flirty cuts.

It is thanks to Miss Diane von Furstenberg herself that I find myself very much in love on a bitter cold and snowy Tuesday in March--in love, that is, with the DvF spring 2009 runway show---and most particularly with the Patchwork Palma Dress. The patchwork print reminds me of a watercolor palette, enhanced by the fluid fulness of the silky fabric.

As a side note, I find it refreshing to see variations from the itsy bitsy mini, which fit my near-6-foot frame more as a tunic than an actual dress. Fortunately for me and my fellow long-legged girls, long is back and better than ever. The DvF spring collection has several floor-length alternatives, though none surpass the Grecian goddess/high tea hybrid that is the the Patchwork Palma.

The Patchwork Palma and other DvF spring 2009 runway styles will be available mid-month, but you can pre-order now on the DvF website: http://www.dvf.com/. Unfortunately, for a girl on a budget (like myself), the pricetag is less ideal than the dress--which is why next on my wishlist is a knight in shining armor, DvF shopping bag in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment