19.3.09

Personalize Your Preppy

Preppy: n. a person who favors or is viewed as favoring clothing style or behavior associated with traditional preparatory schools.

Out with the girls at Cafeteria on Friday night, our server brought over a soup spoon for my lobster bisque and placed it on the left side of my plate. Really? In a frenzied combination of OCD and etiquette, I quickly set it in its rightful place--despite pointed giggles from Lizzyh113.

It is occasions like this that make my mother laugh, "Your breeding is showing." Okay, so I heart etiquette. And yes, at age 10 I made a sketch of the correct table setting and stuck it on the refridgerator so that there would be no confusion as to where to place the utensils. Still, I will not be put in a box. I am a lover of manners, etiquette, and boundaries, yet I simultaneously like to stir the pot, rock out, and sometimes even shock and awe. And this is why I love Rugby.

Rugby: n. "where casual campus style meets downtown prep for a sensibility that is youthful and, at times, irreverent."

I have to confess, it had been a while since I had been inside a Rugby store, but when returning a gift to Simon Pearce this past weekend, the sales girl was wearing a fabulous oxford--ornate with Jolly Roger. If there is one thing I love, it is skull and crossbones used in combination with pure preppy glory. I didn't have to guess twice about the origins of her preppy/rockstar look, and my love for Rugby was thus renewed.

Later on that night, a few clicks of the mouse found me even happier than before--I didn't know I could personalize my preppy! Ladies (and gentleman!), if you are not yet versed in the wonder of Rugby's "Make Your Own," let me assure you: it is nothing short of divine. It works this way:

1.) Take your pick from four styles: traditional rugby, hoodie, short-sleeve rugby, or classic polo--ranging in price from $69.50-$125.

2.) Personalize your look with your choice of patches, embroidery, and graphics (hello, Jolly Roger!).

3.) Poof! Rugby will personalize your preppy pick and ship it right to your front door.

I'm sold. It's a simple equation, really: preppy+personalized=perfection. End of story.


Advertisement by Rugby, online at http://www.rugby.com/. Rugby's Boston location is 342 Newbury Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment