16.3.09

Blame It On Jessica Alba

Last week I received a rude awakening from the bathroom mirror. Pale skin, limp locks, tired eyes---who was that girl looking back at me? Extreme Make Over--Lolly Edition--was no longer an option; it was pure necessity. But what was to be done? A haircut and color? A tan? A facial? All of the above?

Then I saw her, Jessica Alba, staring back at me from the coffee table, where I had tossed aside the March issue of Elle after my weekend in New York. THOSE BANGS! It was a total "Eureka!" moment; I had to have them.

After obsessing for four long days, I made the call on Friday. Miraculously, the stars were perfectly aligned, and my lovely and amazing stylist, Sandra, from Belmont's Leon & Co., was able to fit me in for a 4:30 cut and blow-dry. Sweet relief! Feeling like a giddy school girl, clinging to a cut-out of Jessica from her Elle spread, I shared my ambitions with Sandra. Minutes later, the transformation began.

Now, I'm not going to lie; I did have a minor freak-out when the hair fell away before my eyes, but the product was nothing short of outstanding. Now when I walk by the mirror, I have to do a double-take: who is that girl?!

This morning, at the unkind hour of 6:00 AM, I drove (in full pajama glory) to Logan Airport to retrieve my husband after his mini-vaca in Vegas with the boys. Hopping into the car, he spoke the magic words, "I like your hair, hon. You look just like Jessica Alba." Love it.



Psst: For a fabulous cut (and easy parking!), Leon & Co. is located in Belmont Center at 84 Leonard Street. Visit http://leonandco.com/ or call 617.484.4777 for details.

2 comments:

  1. oh too cute! i can totally picture you with darling bangs - only i really want to see an actual picture please!!! props to dallin for the sweet notice.

    ReplyDelete