11.3.09

All Hail Emily Post

I think it is evident that Lolly and her faithful followers have a dear love and respect for etiquette.  I wanted to make sure that I paid adequate homage to the etiquette queen, Miss Emily Post, while planning my upcoming nuptials.  This was easily achieved as I was a lucky winner of 100 letterpress Jaelyn K invitations for my wedding on weddingbee.com! 

The company is fairly new, and I relished the customer service that only a small company can truly provide. Creative Director, Susan Kim, worked patiently with me and the end product is nothing short of stunning.  Jaelyn K offers several designs, knowing that brides and their tastes are not created equal. Nantucket prepsters will swoon at the Alexandra design, for there is nothing classier than a monogram.  Whimsical brides (and grooms, of course) will find the Zara design cleanly charming. 

I opted for the Charlotte design because it has a true air of unassuming sophistication.  The classic print and the soft waffle design is reminiscent of a relaxed Victorian tea party, complete with Earl Grey, crumpets, and jam In fact, these darling invitations inspired my wedding, as we have decided to drape our summer garden party tables with French Toile.  

One thing I love (besides the free invitations) is that Jaelyn K is a socially minded company. They have altered their design plan to cater to couples planning weddings during the current and oppressive recession.  Brides can treat themselves to high quality, hand inspected invitations but pay a fraction of the price of traditional letterpress invitation.   Jaelyn K has made an effort to hug trees in the production of their invitations.  The primary choice (and house stock) paper is 100% cotton and made from recovered tree fibers, and many of their colored stocks contain at least 30% post-consumer waste.  Cotton-alternative papers for offset printing (such as linen and smooth finish) are FSC Certified, Green Seal Certified, Chlorine Free Certified, and/or Green-e Certified.

So to sum it up:

Jaelyn K = Wonderful Service + Lovely Invitations + Affordable + Earth Loving.  Who can argue with that?  Miss Post certainly wouldn’t so who am I to argue?

Thank you Susan and the entire Jaelyn K team for my beloved invitations.

1 comment:

  1. I would compliment you on another wonderful post, but my wife has banned me from commenting because some people "may not get my humor"

    ReplyDelete