16.11.11

Episode 16: Mad About Plaid

Burberry has been a fixture in my life for as long as I can remember.  As a child, as soon as the cold weather swept through Boston, I can still recall my style savvy grandfather bundling up with a bit of signature plaid around his neck.  Yet, it wasn't until years later that I was able to recognize Burberry's timeless style and wanted some pretty plaid of my own.  I finally scored my own Burberry scarf in my later teenage years, and I have been thankful for Burberry plaid ever since.


Sometimes I feel like no one can do proper or timeless quite like the British, and Burberry is absolutely evidence of this fact.   While I held on to my original Burberry scarf for years, a couple of Christmases ago, my beloved Daddy gifted me a new scarf, and so I traded in my old stand-by for Burberry's Giant Check Cashmere Scarf.  I am absolutely mad for the camel toned nova plaid; I mean, does it get more classic?  Plus, the oversized check pattern of this scarf adds a contemporary spin, and because it's cashmere, it is soft soft soft like you wouldn't believe.


Not only is it a winter staple, but on a more personal note, while I would have forever treasured my scarf anywaythat was my Daddy's last Christmas so my scarf's sentimental value makes it even more important to me.  So not only am I thankful for the gift of plaid and its timeless elegance, but I am grateful for the reminder of my amazing father, his generosity, and--of course- his eye for style.


Giant Check Cashmere Scarf in camel check,
by Burberry



No comments:

Post a Comment