29.11.11

Episode 29: Because Momma Knows

Just a couple of days ago, I shared my gratitude for comfy dress up: J. Crew's Saturday Pants.  After finishing up my post, I had every intention of ordering them too, but then it was time to feed baby Harper--and so the pants remained in my online shopping cart, patiently waiting to be purchased.  Then this morning, with loads of laundry still undone, I wished I had ordered them  and added overnight shipping (sigh).  But all is never lost.  Today I am thankful, once again, to my mother, who just knew--and showed up at my house at 7:00 AM with more gifts for baby...and a pair of Saturday Pants for me.


Now that I actually own these pants, I can say with absolute certainty that they are the greatest gift to comfy chic ever.  They have the form of leggings, but the jaspé cotton is thick enough to push them solidly into the "pants" category.  I'm wearing mine today with Uggs, a long tunic, and my favorite Lulu Lemon hoodie, and I couldn't be more comfortable if I tried.  My mother selected the "heather midnight" (black, with a subtle heather effect), and it's perfect for a girl like me who generally prefers black.  But these pants are actually SO fabulous that I want a pair in every color.  Maybe Santa will take the hint, but in the meantime, a million thanks to my mother and her mother's intuition.


Saturday Pants in heather midnight, on sale for $49.50
by J. Crew





No comments:

Post a Comment