2.11.11

I Am Thankful For My Fashionista Friends, Episode 2: Why Palmer's Is the Best. Thing. Ever.

I am a lip gloss junkie.  On any given day, there are at least three--if not more--tubes of lip product in my purse.  Today, the zip pocket of my Burberry tote includes a Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick, Smith's Rosebud Salve, MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait, and Fresh's Sugar Plum.  With these four options, I have my bases completely covered, as far as moisturizing, conditioning, and color go--but if I were stranded on a deserted island and could only take one with me, it's a total no-brainer: my Palmer's Swivel Stick would win every time. 


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick, $3.79
Available at Walgreen's

I am thankful to my lovely friend, India, for sharing this vital beauty secret with me (well, that and about a million other reasons).  Palmer's is nothing fancy.  You can find it in the same aisle as the body wash and lotion at just about any drugstore, and the packaging is just about as simple as it gets too.  But don't be fooled; what Palmer's lacks in frills, it makes up for in pure amazingness.  The cocoa butter formula contained in the swivel stick that so closely resembles a glue stick (other people will remind you of this fact, should you apply your Palmer's in public) is the best thing you could possibly do for your lips.  Your pretty pout will be shiny and moisturized almost instantly. 

My beloved state of Massachusetts is a little confused about when exactly winter is supposed to start--what with snow in October and all--but since the official start of winter isn't that far off, chapped lips are a definite concern for many a fashionista.  Not to worry, Palmer's has got you covered.  While this swivel stick is actually intended for general "marks, blemishes, and rough, dry skin" (hence it's glue stick size?), I would suggest keeping your swivel stick reserved for your kisser.  But if you're in need of general moisturizing, I would look to a bottle of lotion instead (of course, Palmer's has you covered there too.)

As much as I love all my fancy beauty products, Palmer's is basically the best thing ever.  I should know; I've tested the waters, and I will be eternally thankful to my darling India--and Palmer's--for keeping my pout pretty.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely get glue stick comments when applying this in public, but love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I found a regular chapstick size version of the palmers at Duane Read. It's been by my side ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has been a staple of mine since high school and was happy to pass it along to India and about 50 other friends. Now I have India sent me care packages of palmers 10 at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete