8.11.11

Episode 8: Comfy Cool

My sister Annie's closet has been an ongoing source of inspiration to me over the years.  From skinny jeans to pointy-toed shoes, I am thankful to my style savvy sister for giving me the courage to test drive countless looks that I never thought would work for me, including the very epitome of comfy cool: my Converse.  


Back when she was in high school, my sister debuted an irresistibly cute pair of bright pink Converse high tops.  Peeking out from beneath skinny jeans, her girly kicks brought an element of casual fun to her look.  While I totally coveted her style, I was convinced that such a look wouldn't work as well without her supermodel height and frame.  But she talked me into giving it a try, and I found my own take on comfy cool by pairing my Converse with flairs.  I have yet to add a pair of hot pink Converse to my collection, but I am currently pondering my next pair...  Indeed, all these years later, I still love love looove my Converse.  I guess it just goes to show that comfort is always in style.  Dear beloved sister, my feet are especially thankful.


I wore my trusty Converse all over Paris last spring!
Photo by Sarah M. Barton, March 2010

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out sister, I'm glad that I've played a part in keeping your feet comfy, you know how I love comfy clothing! Like lollybrand.. casual apparel for off-duty fashionistas! <3

    ReplyDelete