4.11.11

Episode 4: Not Your Ordinary Hair Tie

I'm all about accessories, but I have to admit that sometimes function takes precedent over fashion.  For example, the two black hair elastics that I wear on my right wrist everyday aren't really a fashion statement, though maybe I should claim them as my "signature look."  Rather, I keep them on stand-by for the million occasions I encounter during the day when I need to get my crazy long hair out of my face and get down to business.  Then, when my fabulous friend, Annie Rose, flew in from Seattle for a fun weekend visit last month, I learned that there are some hair ties out there that give function and fashion an equal opportunity.  These are not your ordinary hair ties--and for this (and a laundry list of other reasons) I am thankful to the lovely Annie Rose.

Emi-Jay Hair Ties in Cure Collection, $7.99

Created by Emily Matson and Julianne Goldmark, Emi-Jay Hair Ties are "guaranteed to make your outfit and your day."  These handmade hair ties come in just about every color that you can imagine and are sold in bundles of three to eight.  Made to be soft and stretchy, no matter how tight you pull your ponytail, they won't leave a dent in your hair.  But perhaps the best part is that each hair tie resembles a knotted ribbon instead of your standard elastic band so you can wear it around your wrist for a boho bracelet look until it's time to put your hair up.

With so many to choose from, the most difficult decision you will have to make when it comes to Emi-Jay hair accessories will be your desired color collection.  At the moment, I'm stuck on the Military Collection and the Rainbow Glitter Collection.  Looks like my two little black elastic bands are getting an upgrade--all thanks to my lovely friend, Annie.


1 comment: