17.11.11

Episode 17: Make A Wish

Make A Wish,
Wishbone Sterling Silver Reminder Necklace, $40
by Dogeared

A couple of years ago, after making a wish and blowing out my birthday candles, I opened a gift from my sister to discover the source of infinitely more wishes: a silver wishbone necklace.  There are a handful of things that we wish on: shooting stars, dandelions, birthday candles...  But to me, there is nothing more symbolic than a wishbone.  I have faithfully worn my wishbone necklace practically everyday since; as I've said before, sometimes even the most spirited of fashionistas needs a little extra boost, and I am thankful for the daily reminder that my wishes will one day come true.

Over the last couple of years, I have encountered some bumps in the road--bumps that might be more appropriately classified as potholes or even craters...  Still, I continue to wish, with the hope that each passing day will bring my wishes a little bit closer.  Made by Dogeared, the Sterling Silver Wishbone Reminder Necklace is designed to channel good energy and serve as a reminder that our wishes are on their way to coming true. Of course, it doesn't take a necklace to keep the faith, but I love my tiny little wishbone and all that it represents.  I am thankful to my sister, of course, for this sweet gift and for all the peace and hope that it symbolizes and inspires.

No comments:

Post a Comment